27.6.09

brick wall

I've been chasing this high for entirely too long.
The high I got when I first shot you into my bloodstream, and let all my problems and pains go.
the high I was on was surreal. After so long using you became normal and soon after that abusing also became normal. I would run to you everytime I had a speedbump in the road of life. Inject myself with the empty feelings of happiness and joy, and for split seconds in time everything actually seemed like it would be ok. I remember when I couldn't see myself being "ok" without you... I now know that I have to give up this drug. I have to detox myself and I have to go on with life sober. I can not lie I will miss the temporary solutions to my miniscule problems, but I know if I continue down this path I will end up overdosing.

No comments: